GOA a name, often related to parties, beaches, Sunburn and beer, is a tourist destination highly acclaimed by the Indian and foreign travelers. Goa offers serene beaches, blue ocean as well as beautiful temples, churches, markets and waterfalls to its travelers. If you want to explore Goa and is staying for at least 3 days, you should cover North Goa on day 1, Dudhsagar and parts of South Goa on Day 2 and can keep the Island trip/South Goa beach trip and shopping for Day 3.
Among the beaches, as per me the must visits are:
- North Goa:
- Baga Beach
- Calangute Beach
- Anjuna Beach
- Vagator Beach
- Morjim Beach
- Arambol Beach
- South Goa:
- Bogmalo Beach
- Betalbatim Beach
Your Goa trip would be incomplete if you don’t cover the following spots:
- Aguada Fort
- Dudhsagar Water Fall (the picturesque waterfall of Chennai Express movie)
- Sahakari Spice Farm (Organic farm)
- Mangesh Temple
- Basilica of Bom Jesus church (must visit as you can see the mortal remains of St Francis Xavier in a glass-sided coffin)
- Dolphin Trip
- Deltin Royale Casino
Places to stay: There are plenty of hotels/resorts of varied budgets available. We stayed in Terra Paraiso Beach Resort, North Goa. It’s in Calangute, 2 Km from the beach. If you want to stay away from the hustle- bustle of the Calangute/Baga and want to enjoy the Sun and waves, you may stay at Golden Eye Beach Shack, Morjim Beach.
- Should carry waterproof sunsceen (SPF 70+), sunglass, hat, beach wear and flip flops.
- Must try Goan Fish Curry, Sea Foods, Chicken Vindaloo, Chicken Xacuti, Kings Beer and Cashew Feni.
- Do bargain for whatever products you are buying. It’s applicable for cab rentals also.
- Hotel people might recommend Island trip along with Scuba/ Snorkeling. As per me it’s not worth. Both Snorkeling and Scuba is done in Grand Island where you will get to see only jelly fishes and some squids. Also there is no proper arrangement for the activities. During booking the agents may highlight that even a non-swimmer can experience the under-water world but at the spot they suggest only the trained swimmers to dive.